ADG3308 Low Voltage, 1.15 V to 5.5 V, 8-Channel Bidirectional Logic Level Translator
The ADG3308 is a bidirectional level translator containing eight bidirectional channels. The ADG3308 can be used in multivoltage digital system applications, such as a data transfer between a low voltage DSP controller and a higher voltage device. The internal architecture allows the device to perform bidirectional level translation without an additional signal to set the direction in which the translation takes place.
The voltage applied to VCCA sets the logic levels on the A side of the device, and VCCY sets the levels on the Y side. For proper operation, VCCA must always be less than VCCY. The VCCA compatible logic signals applied to the A side of the device appear as VCCY compatible levels on the Y side. Similarly, VCCY compatible logic levels applied to the Y side of the device appear as VCCA compatible logic levels on the A side.
The enable pin (EN) provides three-state operation on both the A side and the Y side pins. When the EN pin is pulled low, the terminals on both sides of the device are in the high impedance state. For normal operation, EN should be driven high.
The ADG3308 is available in a compact 20-lead TSSOP and a 20-lead LFCSP. The EN pin is referred to the VCCY supply voltage.
The ADG3308 is guaranteed to operate over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range and the extended −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Bidirectional logic level translation.
- Fully guaranteed over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply range.
- No direction pin.
- Packages: 20-lead TSSOP and 20-lead LFCSP
- Low voltage ASIC level translation
- Smart card readers
- Cell phones and cell phone cradles
- Portable communication devices
- Telecommunications equipment
- Network switches and routers
- Storage systems (SAN/NAS)
- Computing/server applications
- Portable POS systems
- Low cost serial interfaces
Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional logic level translation
- Operates from 1.15 V to 5.5 V
- Low quiescent current < 1 µA
- No direction pin