ADN4663 Dual, 3 V, CMOS, LVDS High Speed Differential Driver
The ADN4663 is a dual, CMOS, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) line driver offering data rates of over 600 Mbps (300 MHz), and ultralow power consumption. It features a flow-through pinout for easy PCB layout and separation of input and output signals.
The device accepts low voltage TTL/CMOS logic signals and converts them to a differential current output of typically ±3.1 mA for driving a transmission medium such as a twisted-pair cable. The transmitted signal develops a differential voltage of typically ±355 mV across a termination resistor at the receiving end, and this is converted back to a TTL/CMOS logic level by a line receiver.
The ADN4663 and a companion receiver offer a new solution to high speed point-to-point data transmission, and a low power alternative to emitter-coupled logic (ECL) or positive emitter-coupled logic (PECL).
- Backplane data transmission
- Cable data transmission
- Clock distribution
Features and Benefits
- ±15 kV ESD protection on output pins
- 600 Mbps (300 MHz) switching rates
- Flow-through pinout simplifies PCB layout
- 300 ps typical differential skew
- 700 ps maximum differential skew
- 1.5 ns maximum propagation delay
- 3.3 V power supply
- ±355 mV differential signaling
- Low power dissipation: 23 mW typical
- Interoperable with existing 5 V LVDS receivers
- Conforms to TIA/EIA-644 LVDS standard
- Industrial operating temperature range (−40°C to +85°C)