ADUM4190 High Stability Isolated Error Amplifier
The ADuM4190 is an isolated error amplifier based on ADI, iCoupler® technology. The ADuM4190 is ideal for linear feedback power supplies. The primary side controllers of the ADuM4190 enable improvements in transient response, power density, and stability as compared to commonly used optocoupler and shunt regulator solutions.
Unlike optocoupler-based solutions, which have an uncertain current transfer ratio over lifetime and at high temperatures, the ADuM4190 transfer function does not change over its lifetime and is stable over a wide temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
Included in the ADuM4190 is a wideband operational amplifier for a variety of commonly used power supply loop compensation techniques. The ADuM4190 is fast enough to allow a feedback loop to react to fast transient conditions and overcurrent conditions. Also included is a high accuracy 1.225 V reference to compare with the supply output setpoint.
The ADuM4190 is packaged in a wide body, 16-lead SOIC package for a reinforced 5 kV rms isolation voltage rating.
- Linear feedback power supplies
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- DOSA-compatible modules
- Voltage monitors
Features and Benefits
- Stable over time and temperature
- 0.5% initial accuracy
- 1% accuracy over the full temperature range
- Compatible with Type II or Type III compensation networks
- Reference voltage: 1.225 V
- Compatible with DOSA
- Low power operation: <7 mA total
- Wide voltage supply range: 3.0 V to 20 V (VDD1 and VDD2)
- Output -3 dB bandwidth: 400 kHz typical
- Isolation voltage: 5 kV rms reinforced
- See data sheet for additional features
ADuM4190-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (ADEQ standard)
- Download ADuM4190-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/17602 DSCC Drawing Number