LTM2893 100MHz Isolated ADC Serial Interface
The LTM2893 is a high speed isolated μModule (micromodule) SPI interface with ADC control signals. The LTM2893 is optimized for isolating 1Msps high resolution 18-bit SAR ADCs, such as the LTC2338 and similar families, and can interface with most general purpose ADCs. The LTM2893-1 is optimized for isolating the LTC2348 and similar families of simultaneous sampling ADCs that require writing configuration settings into the ADC. LTM2893 isolates the conversion start, sampling signal, with very low aperture jitter (30ps) and low latency (20ns).
The interface enables fast throughput with no cycle latency, which makes the LTM2893 ideally suited for a wide variety of applications. The LTM2893 has a high speed SPI-compatible serial port that supports 1.71V to 5.5V logic and is configurable for ADCs with 8 to 32 bit SPI word lengths. It also isolates three select signals (SA, SB, SC) for controlling analog multiplexers or gain settings.
The isolation barrier tolerates large voltage ground variations between the logic interface and the isolated side of the LTM2893. Uninterrupted communication is maintained during voltage transients greater than 50kV/μs.
- Remote Sensing
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Industrial Process Control
- Test and Measurement Equipment
Features and Benefits
- Isolated Interface: 6000VRMS for 1 Minute
- UL-CSA Recognition Pending
- 100MHz SPI-Compatible I/O
- Configurable SPI Word Length 8 to 32 Bits
- Low Jitter Conversion Start (30psRMS)
- Supports Simultaneously Sampled ADCs
- Read Only (LTM2893), Read/Write (LTM2893-1)
- Three Isolated Multiplexer Select Signals
- 1.71V to 5.5V I/O Voltages
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltages
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity
- 15mm × 6.25mm BGA Package